Wildlife of the Outer Hebrides
Recording common species is as important as looking for rare and new species and our series of leaflets on easy to identify species and postcards are designed to encourage visitors and residents to report their observations.
The leaflets were produced as part of the Natural Hebrides project, supported by Scottish Natural Heritage, to help connect more people with their natural environment.
Leaflets are available from tourist information offices, libraries, museums and in some cafes and hotels.
Leaflets can also be down-loaded from this website.
- Bumblebees of the Outer Hebrides
- Butterflies of the Outer Hebrides
- Dragonflies and Damselflies of the Outer Hebrides
- Fungi of the Outer Hebrides
- Common Plants of the South Uist Machairs
- New Zealand Flatworms
- Marine Life on Sandy Shores
- Some common seaweeds of the rocky shore
- Waxcap Identification Key